Cost-Effective Solutions for Contested & Uncontested Divorces – (817) 645-6600
In what can be the most stressful and taxing time of your life, you deserve to work with a legal advocate who can protect your best interests, prepare you for every step in the legal process, and attempt to reach a favorable result. At the Law Office of Robert E. Luttrell, we offer knowledgeable, caring legal counsel.
Our Cleburne divorce attorney can help you with:
- Contested and Uncontested Divorce
- Child Support
- Child Custody, Visitation & Relocation
- Spousal Maintenance/Alimony
- Court Order Modification
- Property, Asset and Debt Division
If your divorce calls for such drastic measures as a trial, our Cleburne divorce lawyer has handled more than 100 trials in his career and can comprehensively defend your rights in a contested divorce. If you want to courteously or even amicably pursue a cost-saving solution, we are prepared to counsel you through an uncontested divorce, carefully crafting the legal settlement you need. Whatever type of divorce you face, we want to help you move forward with your life, confident about what the future holds.
Texas Divorce Process
- Determine if you are eligible to file in Texas and in what county you can file in. You can file for divorce in Texas if you or your spouse has been a resident of the state for at least six months prior to filing. To file in a specific county, you must have lived in that county for 90 days prior to initiating the divorce.
- Determine the grounds for filing. Are you filing a no-fault divorce or divorcing on the basis of cruelty, adultery, conviction of felony, abandonment, or another legal basis?
- File and serve the appropriate divorce papers. If you have a relatively complex divorce, it is recommended that you consult an attorney for help filling out the paperwork.
- Decide on property division, custody, support, debts, etc. You and your spouse are expected to reach a settlement regarding all the necessary issues in a divorce, or the divorce may go to trial.
While the divorce process can be stressful and confusing, our family law team can guide you through each step to help you weather the emotional and legal storm. We're here to protect your interests.
How Long Does Divorce Take in Texas?
Many factors can affect how long a divorce takes, including whether or not you have children, how cooperative the spouses are, if you have substantial assets, and if fault is involved.
Texas has a 60-day mandatory waiting period before a divorce can be final, so the fastest a couple can divorce is 2 months. This is usually the case for uncontested divorces, where both parties agree on many of the important issues in the divorce and can create a divorce agreement quickly. In cases that involve contested divorce and heated disputes, the divorce can take much longer if a case ends up in trial - sometimes even more than a year.
Personalized Divorce Counsel
Our Cleburne divorce lawyer is ready to clearly explain your options and help you plan for a successful transition. We are ready to hear from you, taking the time to understand your unique concerns and goals. Then we can help you understand the laws that apply to your case, offer advice, and help you strategize for the here and now as well as for the long term. Please don't hesitate to see how our Cleburne family law firm can be of service to you. Contact our divorce attorney today.