Domestic violence is one of the most horrific things for anyone to endure. It is also often kept in the dark for fear of retaliation from the abuser, or even to protect the abuser from facing any consequences. Oftentimes, if you suspect someone is in a dangerous situation, it is best to proceed with caution and check in on them as often as possible, so they don’t feel as though they are alone.
The following are common signs of domestic violence:
- Unexplained injuries, such as large bruises, cuts, bone breaks, etc. If the victim attempts to hide these injuries with makeup or clothing, he or she is likely attempting to protect the abuser.
- Weak excuses for these injuries, such as suddenly becoming accident-prone. Victims will also brush off the injuries with vague explanations.
- Emotional changes, such as a sudden spike in depression, anxiety, or stress. If someone was once confident and secure in his or her own life, and is now suddenly fearful or apologetic for every little thing, he or she may be in an abusive relationship.
- Control is a major aspect of domestic violence. Common sides include if the victim now feels the need to ask for permission for the simplest of things.
- Isolation is major part of control, as abusers generally try to isolate the victim so as to better control them.
- A child’s behavior is a strong indication of whether there is abuse occurring in the household, such as when children start to display rebellious or regressive behavior. Also, if the child seems to fear or distrust the abuser, this is also an important sign.
Domestic violence serves as legitimate grounds for divorce, and our Cleburne divorce lawyers will do everything in our power to help relieve you from a difficult situation.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has suffered from domestic abuse, our legal team of compassionate and skilled Cleburne divorce lawyers wants to fight on your behalf. At The Law Office of Robert E. Luttrell III, we feel a sincere sense of duty to protect, advocate, and serve our clients to the best of our ability.
For trusted legal counsel, care, and representation, don’t hesitate to call us today at (817) 567-2899.